5.09.2018

This World Is Not My Home

As some of you know I enjoy journaling.  Over the years it has helped me prayerfully process things.
You may have noticed a trend on this blog.  
Some posts are written about specific things going on at West Cannon Baptist Church but I am trying to write in such a way that they could be used by anyone. 
Other posts are written about the Rodgers family.  These include books and verses that have been an encouragement to me.  There are also family update posts designed to keep family and friends updated on what is going on in our lives.

This is one of those family updates and man there has been a lot going on.  This post only covers a small part of that.


downstairs
upstairs


Here are some pictures of the beautiful house we are renting.
Eric and Jessica have generously rented this house to us while they are looking to sell and we are looking to buy.
Today there was a showing.
For the Eric and Jessica, pray that the house will sell.  If this is the buyer, God be glorified!  If not, bring someone soon for them.
For the Rodgers, pray for wisdom and patience as we continue looking for a house.  God be glorified.

The house has been an amazing blessing to us and we are so thankful.
As you look at the pictures, please note how clean even the bedrooms are.


Bedrooms. 

I am not pointing out these things to show you the Rodgers family's Facebook perfect lives.
I am pointing these things out to remind each of us that everything on Facebook is often not as true to real life.

When we moved into the Eric and Jessica's house, we knew that a major part of the time would be having the house ready for showing.  Overall, I think we have done pretty well with getting it ready.
Last night that was not necessarily true.
A little more stress than usual.  There may have even been some arguing.  O.K. there was some arguing.

Then today I was working on the Fighter Verses study for tonight and Romans 12:12 just keeps punching me in the gut.



I will rejoice when we know where we are living.
Eric will rejoice when his house is sold.

Eric and I need to be patient during this waiting time.

We need to be constantly in prayer during this whole process. 

From an earthly point of view, praying for this whole thing is difficult.
If the house sells before we have a house what are we going to do?
From a God-glorifying point of view, knowing what to pray is very easy. 
God, your will be done and your glory be made known in this world.
The living it out part is more challenging.

Pray that I would remember 2 Corinthians 5:8, 9

I don't know what God has in store for me and my family but I do know that my hope and satisfaction need to be found in Him!

No comments: