I am very excited about beginning my ministry here at West Cannon Baptist Church. When Pastor Doug spoke to me about leading a Wednesday night Bible study here at the church I instantly thought about doing "Your Walk with God is a Community Project" by Paul Tripp. While I think this is a great study to do there are also several other Bible study options.
At the end of this post are some of the other Bible studies being offered.
I want to strongly encourage you to be studying God's Word with others.
This study, along with the books I posted about HERE, have made a huge impact on my life and ministry.
I understand that I must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ AND
I have grown in my appreciation and love of the fact that, when I am saved, I become part of the body of Christ. I become a child in the family of God. I am put into the community of believers - the Church.
"We were not hardwired to live this Christian experience by ourselves."
But all to often I try to live my Christian life in isolation.
This is a problem. This is not the way we were designed to live.
And if you think about it, you have struggled with the same problem, because we are selfish sinners in need of the one and only Savior.
In this 11 week study we will...
look at what the Bible says about the church living in community
share how we can help one another the church and West Cannon church grow.
This video-based study will have a lot of discussion and practical application.
Here is a sample of the video.
I am planning to share a couple of ways that I have been encouraged over the years.
One of those ways is through books. Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands is another book that develops this same idea. Here is a great quote from that book “God’s plan can be summed up in a sentence: people in need of change helping people in need of change. He calls all His children to participate in ministry all the time.”
This study begins September 6 at 7:00.
We will meet at West Cannon Baptist Church. Room info coming soon.
Here some of the other Fall studies at West Cannon Baptist Church this fall. Contact the church or check the bulletin for more information.
- Rooted: Understand the Power and Purpose of God's Will by LeAnne Blackmore - Starts Wednesday, September 13 @ 9:30 am
- Conversation Peace: Improve Your Relationship One Word at a Time by Mary Kassian - Starts Wednesday, September 13 @ 7:00 pm
- The Word of the Lord: Seeing Jesus in the Prophets by Nancy Guthrie - Starts Thursday, September 14, @ 7:00 pm
- Women's Bible Study Fellowship's study of Romans - Starts Thursday, September 14 at 9:10 am
- MAN UP! A Victory Group for Men studying The Man in the Mirror - Starts Monday, September 11 @ 7:00 pm.
- Romans - Starts back up on Tuesday, September 12 @ 9:00 am
- Growing in Discipleship - Starts tonight, September 6 @ 7:00. This study follows the same schedule as the K4C schedule.
- Ruth and Esther - Starts Monday, September 11 @ 7:00
- People with the purpose of praying together.