9.04.2017

Labor Day - Celebrating Work and the Work of God!



Yesterday I had the opportunity to open the service at West Cannon Baptist Church with the call to worship.  Here is what I shared.

2 Timothy 2:15 says "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Here on this Labor Day weekend let us be thankful for WORK.

We make a statement about God and the Gospel by what we think about and how we work.

If we say we believe in God, should our work reflect our beliefs?

I am thankful God is sovereign over all creation including my job.
I am thankful for the work God has provided me.
And most importantly,
I am thankful for the work of salvation God has done for me through Jesus Christ.

This Sunday at West Cannon Baptist Church was an exciting time of remembering God's work by celebrating communion, witnessing three baptisms, singing some awesome songs and hearing God's word preached.

During this time in my work, life and ministry, there are many challenges.  Transitions are work.
During this time it also has been awesome to see how God is working.

HERE is an article by Tim Challies entitled Thank God For Your Job (Doesn't Matter What Your Job Is!)

No comments: