1.01.2019

Almost 30 Years of Journals


On December 24, 2018, I finished another journal.  I started this journal on August 13, the day after the announcement of my resignation from West Cannon Baptist Church and December 24, the day after my first time back to Emmanuel Baptist Church since leaving there last year.  This has been the craziest period of my life.

These past four months is the shortest amount of time it has taken me to fill a journal and I have been journaling since 1989.  In looking through these four months there have been many blessings and challenges.

In taking some time New Year's day to do some reflecting and reading, here are two things I want to share and remember throughout 2019.


Psalm 115:1, 18
(1)  Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness! 
(18)  But we will bless the LORD from this time forth and forevermore.  Praise the LORD.
Two sections from The Valley of Vision  prayer "Year's End."  For the whole prayer, click HERE
Thou art good when thou givest, when thou takest away, when the sun shines upon me, when night gathers over me. 
If I am to be cast aside from the service I love, I can make no stipulation;
Only glorify thyself in me whether in comfort or trial, as chosen vessel meet always for thy use.
It is my prayer that my journal entries will help me glorify God and this blog will glorify God and help others do the same.




Here are two posts from December of 2006 about journaling
Part 1
Part 2

No comments: