Welcome to the 2nd week of reading the book Holiness.
For general info about the reading schedule go to
It is my prayer that God is using this book and especially God's Word
to help you grow in holiness.
Here are the questions for this first chapter.
GENERAL (Questions for each chapter)
1. What is a quote or two from Chapter 2 that stood out to you?
2. What was something this chapter said about God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?
3. What was something this chapter said about man?
4. What was something this chapter said about how a Christian is to live?
Think general and specific applications.
SPECIFIC (Questions specific to this chapter)
5. How is sanctification defined in this chapter?
6. What is Ryle saying when he writes "sanctification is the evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit" and "sanctification is the only sure mark of God's election"?
7. What is the most significant thing that you learned from this chapter?
For more specific questions on this chapter through chapter 10
Tim Challies wrote about this second chapter on his blog
Below are two Judges related posters from
"The Israelites turn away from God and face the consequences.
God raises judges in cycles of rebellion, repentance and restoration."
"An Israelite family faces tragic loss and God use the faithfulness of a non-Israelite woman
to bring restoration into the family of David."