There are railroad tracks and a river that run by the mission.
Some of the guests who visit the mission on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights live in tents by the river or under the bridges near the train tracks.
It was quite an eye opening, sobering walk.
Some mission related prayer requests, especially for those of you who are not familiar with the Scranton Rescue Mission.
- We meet on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. The service begins @ 5:30 and usually ends around 6:15. After that a meal is served.
- On Saturdays there is a Bible study @ 3:30.
- On Sundays clothing and other food items are given away. This is usually our biggest night.
- "You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly." Romans 5:6
- "If there's anything in life that we should be passionate about, it's the gospel. And I don't mean passionate only about sharing it with others. I mean passionate about thinking about it, dwelling on it, rejoicing in it, allowing it to color the way we look at the world." C.J. Mahaney
Some other ministry prayer requests:
- TLC (Teen Leadership Conference) is starting on Monday. There are two weeks of this conference on campus. http://www.bbc.edu/tlc/default.asp
- Pray for Krista, the student leaders and the girls who will be living in Vibbard Hall this next school year.