We had a great family vacation
We had an awesome day at Cedar Point with the Jacobs family.
We are in the process of packing up our house and preparing to move.
We would really appreciate your prayers as we...
- leave Toledo on Monday
- look for a 2nd car
- continue our house hunting
- decide on what school the kids are going to
- begin our life and ministry in Michigan.
There are some awesome praises at the end of this email also.
Here is our tentative schedule.
Monday (8.21) -
1st moving day. No furniture or major things - mostly just clothes
We will be staying with some friends we taught with while in the Dominican Republic from the 21st through the 29th.
Then we will be staying with a family from West Cannon Baptist Church. VERY SOON after that, maybe even before we hope to find a home to purchase or rent.
Tuesday (8.22) -
Settling in day with the family.
Wednesday (8.23) -
Beginning to set up my office at church.
Thursday (8.24), Friday (8.25) and Saturday (8.26) -
Whatever needs to be done days.
Sunday (8.27) - First official Sunday at WCB
Looking forward to this.
Week of 8.28 -
Kids will start school. Not quite sure where yet.
Get really settled into the church office and schedule.
Weekend of 9.08 and 09.09 -
Back to Toledo for anything that is still here.
- The sale of our Toledo home is finalized and we are able to keep our stuff there until September 9th.
- We have had a lot of people help with meals, packing the house and watching the kids. The one problem is some of the volunteers have worn Cleveland Brown's gear while packing our Steeler stuff : )
- We have been able to have some great meeting times with Toledo friends.
- Joel and Josiah were able to go to Emmanuel Christian School for lunch yesterday to visit with their friends.
- The Farewell times we have had, while difficult, have reminded us of the many blessings we have had over the years.
- Social media and email have provided ways for us to begin connecting with people at West Cannon Baptist Church.
- We are so thankful for so many praying friends. The week before candidating at WCBC, we visited the church of a pastor friend here in Toledo, Clint Hayslett at Harvest Lane CMA Church. It was a great visit and I really appreciated the prayer he prayed at the end of the service for us.
Thank you so much for your prayers.