5.07.2018

Some Big May 7ths

The beginning of May is packed with a lot of special days...
May 3rd - Krista's birthday
May 4th - Star Wars Day
May 5th - Cinco de Mayo
May 6th - Jadyn's birthday
And in looking back, May 7th has been a pretty significant date in my ministry life.

I know my days are like grass and that my God is great.

Even in reflecting on the events that have happened on May 7ths, I am so very thankful for the truth of God's Word.

Psalm 103:15 - 18 says:


As for man, his days are like grass;

he flourishes like a flower of the field;
for the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
and its place knows it no more.
But the steadfast love of the Lord 
is from everlasting to everlasting 
on those who fear him,
and his righteousness to children's children,
to those who keep his covenant
and remember to do his commandments.





On May 7th, 2017, we let Emmanuel Baptist Church know about our ministry transition, not sure, at the time, where we would be going.  Big Changes and an Even Bigger God





On May 7th, 2011, I graduated from Baptist Bible Seminary with my M. Div.

Over the last seven years, and beyond, there have been times of great blessings and times of great challenges.  I continually want to remember this quote from the Gospel.
More than anything else could ever do, the gospel enables me to embrace my tribulations and thereby position myself to gain full benefit from them. For the gospel is the one great permanent circumstance in which I live and move; and every hardship in my life is allowed by God only because it serves His gospel purposes in me.  When I view my circumstances in this light, I realize that the gospel is not just one piece of good news that fits into my life somewhere among all the bad. I realize instead that the gospel makes genuinely good news out of every other aspect of my life, including my severest trials. (Romans 5:1-5) The good news about my trials is that God is forcing them to bow to His gospel purposes and do good unto me by improving my character and making me more conformed to the image of Christ. (Romans 8:28-29; James 1:2-4; 1 Corinthians 12:7-10). 
Once again I am very thankful for how God has been working in our lives.  In this most recent ministry transition to West Cannon and western Michigan, God has blessed my family through so many different people as it relates to housing, transportation, schooling, ministry, reconnecting with longtime friends, making new friends. and so many other things.

No comments: