11.13.2014

The Role of the Local Church in Biblical Counseling









Thank you for your prayers.

Yesterday I didn't post because I was, and still am, working through a couple of technology issues.
The class time has been great.
There are 11 students  in the class.
About half of them are taking the class for credit and the other half are auditing the course.

Yesterday our lesson focused on who is the Holy Spirit and what is the Bible.
We finished the day out with a 25 minutes overview of the whole Bible.
Their first assignments were also due.

Today's class is going to look at the role of the church in Biblical counseling.
We have been stressing over and over and over again that...
Biblical Counseling is disciple making.
And that will be the emphasis of our discussion today.
One of the quotes from today's lesson is...
"Is your church an audience of spectators or fellowship of disciple-makers?"  David Platt

I mentioned earlier in the week to be praying for my health, especially as it relates to my diabetes.
I am happy to report that my numbers have been great.
There is something to be said for walking everywhere in 79 degree weather.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

No comments: