11.10.2014

1st day of class and pics from yesterday

Earlier today, I posted the class description, textbook and schedule.
In this post I want to share a little bit on why I am excited to teach this class to some of the students at Fairview Baptist Bible College.

I am trying the first stage of an online experiment today with the students.
You can view the powerpoint presentation as live, click by click, with the students here in Jamaica.  At least, I am planning on that.  Click on this very long link below:
https://bn1-broadcast.officeapps.live.com/m/Broadcast.aspx?Fi=646aa40fa14ba260%5F0feee0ff%2De0d0%2D4bba%2D9410%2D69c444772177%2Epptx

I am going to try to add audio to it on Wednesday or Thursday.
I really would appreciate it if someone could see if this link works.  Here is what would be very helpful.
  1. Click on the link at between 2:05 and 4:00 and see if the presentation changes over the next ten minutes or so.  There will be no audio.  That is the next step.
  2. Post a reply below or email me.
In thinking about the disciple making mission of Biblical counseling I am very excited about the possibility of helping pastors and the churches here in Jamaica grow in their disciple making.
As I teach this first day, I really want the students to see that everyone should be doing Biblical counseling.
The pastor and certified Biblical counselor do it scheduled times an in a structured way.
Every believer has the opportunity to counsel people from the Bible when they are asked to share their thoughts or opinions about an issue.
This week the students are going to need to know 2 Timothy 3:16, 17, a common verse, for their end of the week quiz.

It is my prayer that the class would be informational and very practical.

It is my prayer that the students and I would be reminded of the truth Milton Vincent writes about in the Gospel Primer under the section My Inheritance in the Saints.
The Gospel is not just a message of reconciliation with God, but it also heralds the reconciliation of all believers to one another in Christ....
The more I comprehend the full scope of the gospel, the more I value the church for which Christ died (Eph. 5:25), the more I value the role that I play in the lives of my fellow Christians, and the more I appreciate the role that they must be allowed to play in mine.

Here are some pictures from yesterday

Here is the one lane road to Bird Mountain Church yesterday.

The pastor, several members of the church and I went to visit a senior saint in the church yesterday.
The woman, her daughter and baby granddaughter live in this two room house. 
She didn't want us to leave.  
We sang songs with her, Pastor Wright read scripture and we prayed for her.




No comments: