2.23.2018

Why attend DBCTC?

The Biblical Counseling Training I have and am continuing to receive from Faith Ministries in Indiana, Grace Fellowship Church in Kentucky and Emmanuel Baptist Church in Ohio have tremendously impacted my personal life and my ministry.  I am looking forward to helping West Cannon Baptist Church in Michigan equip our members and other area churches with the disciplemaking tools in the Biblical Counseling training.

On a personal level, Track 1 has been a huge influence on my marriage, parenting and personal walk with the Lord.  I am a firm believer that everyday and every minute I need to grow more and more into the image of Jesus Christ.  My salvation was an event.  My sanctification is a life-long process.  Biblical Counseling Training has helped me counsel myself with the truth of God's Word (Psalm 42:5, 11).


On a ministry level, Biblical Counseling Training has helped me grow in my ability to help others grow.  While I appreciate the solid, Biblical seminary training I received, I also recognized that I needed to grow in the area of counseling.  God has used Track 1 and other training to help sharpen my counseling ability.

The Biblical Counseling Training has also helped me think through the disciple-making ministry of the church.  Every time I have attended a Biblical Training class or conference I have been reminded of the authority and sufficiency of Scriptures.

There have been so many Biblically based resources that have been so helpful and encouraging to me throughout the years.  Here are a couple that have encouraged me and I hope encourage you.


A quote from the forward of Counseling the Hard Cases

“When godly people, armed with the confidence that God’s Word is entirely sufficient, prayerfully and skillfully, gently but firmly come alongside those who are confused, lost, hurting, or otherwise struggling with some personal or spiritual dilemma, the Lord is sovereignly disposed to use his Word through such counsel in ways that please him. His Word is the one thing that never returns void (Isa 55: 11).”

A video
 of one of the sessions at this year's Biblical Counseling Training Conferece


A blog post about some books that have impacted my life and ministry:
drodgersjr.blogspot.com/2017/09/unpacking-boxes-and-life-change.html

No comments: