11.06.2017

Chapter 1 of Holiness - Sin


It is my prayer that God would use a group of people reading this book Holiness 
to help each of us grow closer and closer to Him.
For general info about the reading schedule go to 

Here are the questions for this first chapter.

1.  If you read the introduction, and I would highly recommend you read it,
how would you summarize it in one or two sentences?

GENERAL (Questions for each chapter)
2.  What is a quote or two from Chapter 1 that stood out to you?

3.  What was something this chapter said about God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?

4. What was something this chapter said about man?

5.  What was something this chapter said about how a Christian is to live?  
Think general and specific applications.

SPECIFIC (Questions specific to this chapter)
6.  How is sin defined in this chapter?

7.  What is it that men are prone to do in regard to sin?

FINAL QUESTION
8.  What is the most significant thing that you learned from this chapter?

For more specific questions on this chapter through chapter 10 

Additional Resources:
Tim Challies wrote about the introduction and the first chapter on his blog


1 comment:

Drodgersjr said...

1, Sanctification is the special work of God, the Holy Spirit in me and I do not play a passive role in my sanctification.

2. "The cure for evangelical churchmen, I am convinced, is to be found in a clearer apprehension of the nature of the sinfulness of sin."

3. God is perfect, whether we look through a telescope or a microscope.

4. In comparison to God's perfection, all of mankind is desperately wicked and sinful.

5. General: Don't give wickedness and sinfulness smooth names. Specific: In my life and the lives of my family we need to use precise language when talking about sin - not unclear, cloudy language.

SPECIFIC (Questions specific to this chapter)
6. Universal disease of all mankind that is a serious problem because it goes against our holy God.

7. Make light of the sinfulness and dangerous of sin

8. Even though I know this truth I was reminded to sin is VERY SERIOUS. In thinking about sanctification and holiness. I need to remember what sin is