11.17.2014

Monday afternoon tradition & Overcoming Despair with Hope

Here is what has become a Monday tradition these two weeks
at Fairview Baptist Bible College!!

No it is not having class out on the basketball court!!

No electricity on Monday afternoons.
Last week it was during the whole 4 hours of class.
This week it was only during the last hour or so.
One of the students said I handled the no electricity very well.
I told the students their electricity is great compared to what the Dominican Republic's was when we were there.

No projector!  No fans!  No lights!  No fans!  
Did I mention NO FANS!
No breeze!
Now I know some of you right now would not understand this right now but it is hot here.

One of the Jamaican students suggested we move outside because the room was so hot!
It was a very good idea!

In the picture are 10 of the students.
The other one, Mark, is taking the pictures.  Thanks Mark!! 

Today we talked surrendering anger with humility.
A great start to the last week of classes.

While the time has been great here, it has had its challenges.
I would definitely appreciate your prayers as we continue with the class and speak on Romans 5 and the hope we have in Christ.

Here is an excerpt from Jerry Bridges' book The Gospel for Life that I am going to share with the students tomorrow.
One morning I was reflecting on my sin, which for some reason was particularly painful to me that day.  In my discouragement, I blurted out "God you would be perfectly just in sending me to hell."  Immediately, on the heels of those words came this thought "No you would not because Jesus satisfied your justice for me."
Tomorrow's theme for the afternoon is Overcoming Despair with Hope!

No comments: