1.08.2013

What a privilege...

It has been well over and year since I posted on here but I was thinking tonight that I have been blessed by God to serve at a great church, Emmanuel Baptist Church in Toledo, OH.

As I was preparing an email to go out to our Soul Care leaders, I was reminded of the great blessing I have to
  1. serve in a local church as a pastor.  I am in a position to disciple, help others grow in their knowledge of God and His Word, while helping others make disciples also.  I often forget what an amazing privilege and responsibility that is.  
  2. serve at a specific local church, Emmanuel Baptist Church, that has been such a blessing to me and my family.  Krista grew up at Emmanuel and I am thankful for the impact they have had on her.  Before Krista and I were even married, I was thankful for the ministry of Emmanuel.  Since being married, I have been so thankful for EBC's prayer and financial support while in the Dominican Republic and at Baptist Bible Seminary.  I loved being part of the ministry of the school for four years.
  3. serve as the pastor of family ministry and soul care since July.  While there are challenges to this ministry, I am so very thankful for the opportunity to try to live Ephesians 4:11, 12 by helping families and members grow as disciples and make disciples.  I know there are still things to think through and develop but I know that I and others need to be challenged to make disciples.  There have been many people who have been a great blessing and encouragement to me and my family.
I am looking forward to what God is going to do 
  at Emmanuel
    in my family 
      in me.
in the good times and challenging times.

What a privilege to serve my risen Savior.  

No comments: