2.13.2010

Cowper's Fountain of Blood and Smiling Face

Romans 1:16, 17 and Proverbs 19:21

In my previous two posts
There is a fountain filled with blood
and
God moves in mysterious ways
contain the lyrics of hymns by William Cowper.

This past Friday night at the mission we sang "There is a fountain filled with blood."
As we were singing that song of joy..

There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Emmanuel's veins, and sinners plunged beneath that flood lose all their guilty stains. The dying thief rejoiced to see that fountain in his day.


I was reminded of his poem "God moves in mysterious ways" ...

His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour; the bud may have a bitter taste, but sweet will be the flower. Blind unbelief is sure to err and scan his work in vain; GOD IS HIS OWN INTERPRETER (emphasis mine), and He will make it plain.


These two hymns remind me to find joy in the salvation I have in Christ and the hope I have in God no matter what the circumstances.

I have been reminded over and over again of
the joy found in Romans 1:16, 17
and the hope found in Proverbs 19:21

No comments: