12.17.2006

Late Night Observations

Yes it is Saturday night/ Sunday 12:42 am. Late night at Borders. It has been a little challenging with the end of the semester work and the Christmas work.
Please be praying for my exams next week.

I was coming home from work and saw something I just had to comment on. Outside Target there was a line of people with big heavy blankets. One group even had outdoor heater of some sort. They were lined up waiting for.....
The Nintendo Wii. Target was going to be getting some in and these people just had to get this game for Christmas. This next statement may offend some of the younger readers but I am going to say it anyway.

IT IS JUST A VIDEO GAME PEOPLE!!! I played one frame (not game but frame) of bowling on it. It was interesting but IT IS JUST A VIDEO GAME PEOPLE!!!

That is the end of my late night tirade on the absurdity of our culture.

If you care to comment please do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dave,

I was talking with one those waiters. They were not in line to purchase one for themselves but for the charity of others. Charity? Yes, you may be unaware that there are many needy people that will go without a Wii this Christmas. So this kind soul was willing to wait in line through the night at one store and his wife at another to purchase two for a later sale on Ebay. Of course there would be a small 100% mark-up. This will make some family all the happier, or 3 families I guess. Merry CHRISTmas!

Steve