10.30.2006

PROSKUNEO worship concert!

We had a great time of fellowship and worship with some friends from the Dominican Republic on Friday night.

Josh Davis is a friend of our who taught with us in the D.R. was here in the area (well actually it was 2 hours away but well worth the drive) for a concert at the Calvary Bible Church, which is pastored by the father of Sharla, another friend who taught with us in the D.R.

We along with some other friends had the great opportunity to fellowship before the concert over dinner.

Then we went to the church for the concert and some other coworkers from the DR showed up at the concert. What a blessing.

Beyond all of the fun getting together with old friends was the worship time.

Friday was a difficult time because of it being the anniversary of my dad's passing away but I could not think of a better way to spend the time than worshipping my Lord and Savior.

I would love to say that the whole night was an amazing blessing but I must confess there were times driving home when I was struggling emotionally. Because of a faithful God and my dad's faith, I am confident of where he is today but still two years later there are questions I would like to have answered and conversation to have. I know these will not happen this side of glory and I know I need to continue to learn how to submit these things to the Lord.

Below is a picture of the group from the concert.

(my blogspot is having some issues with pictures)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, So I live next to Pheonixville PA and I am teaching in the DR right now. Small world hu?