8.13.2006

Two+ weeks here

It is hard to believe that we have already been here over two weeks.

Our apartment is looking like a home. We got a lot of work done on it yesterday. Not very many boxes left to unpack.

I also cannot believe how much better I feel this weekend compared to last. Thank you to those who were praying I would get over whatever it was I had.

Four update items:
1. On the job front.
I had a couple of strong leads this past week. Two of them would work well schedule wise. One of them is right here in Clarks Summit. Maybe will hear from some other possiblities this next week. Please be praying for wisdom. The objective I put on the top of my resume was: "Obtain a part/full time position that will allow me to use my skills and support my family while providing flexibility as I attend seminary."

Pray I would find a job that would allow me to do that.

2. In church.
We have begun the process of checking out local churches here. It is actually an exciting process. There are several good possiblities and we are looking forward to visiting some of them. Pray we would find a good, solid Bible preaching church.

3. At school.
Orientation for the seminary is on August 26th and classes begin, I believe, August 28th.

4. And our driving licenses and cars.
For those of you who live in Ohio, be glad you don't live in PA. The driver license and car title and license process here in PA is like rocket science. We took from 10:00 am to about 1:00 pm (maybe later) Friday to get our drivers licenses taken care. There is only one drivers license center in Lackawana County and that makes the whole process very long. But it is done and we are very thankful for that.

A good quote from "Brothers, We Are Not Professionals" by John Piper.
There are two possible attitudes in true, genuine worship:
Delight in God
or
Repentance for the lack of delighting in God.

I pray that during our time here in seminary we would delight in God.
I also pray that you would delight in God.

No comments: