8.17.2006

Ephesians 1: 17, 18

Yesterday I was reading in Ephesians 1 and today I am drawn back to verses 17 and 18 in that chapter. It is Paul's prayer for the church in Ephesus.

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,


It is my prayer that these things would happen in my life.

the Spirit of wisdom and revelation - so I would know God better. I pray that my time in seminary would be so much more than head knowledge. I pray I would know God better.

the hope to which he has called me.

And the big one for me today. The riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints. I pray I would be able to see the riches of God. Right now it is hard to keep that focus as I continue to look for a job. I am in a little bit of a waiting game right now. I have made several contacts and now I am waiting to hear back from them.

Continue to pray for wisdom and understanding as I am still on the job hunt. Pray that in the midst of this challenging time I would be a testimony to God's goodness.

We have begun getting to know people here. I think they said there are 18 kids under 12 years old here. Lots of friends for Joel.


Krista has had some good meetings with people about the her responsiblities. Leadership week is next week. Resident assistant training. Student Government meetings. Lots of stuff happening. Please pray for all those details.

Pressing on. Acts 20:24

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Mr. Rodgers !!!!
how is life in Penn.?
school is going to be sooo different without seeing you everyday in Bible Class...
anyways, have a great time in
"the Promised Land" :)
~Josh S.