Prayer is a very hard thing to do because it seems like we aren't doing anything, but it's also hard because it's a humble act. We must humble ourselves before God's mighty hand regularly and cast our cares on Him.
When we view prayer as just another ministry program of the church, it becomes a burden or one of many different options.
However when we understand that prayer for the believer is like breathing for every human. It is absolutely needed for life. It is not an option.
Our lives need to glorify God. Depending upon Him for everything is one of, if not the best way to glorify God. Prayer shows our dependence upon God.
Church Ministries Conference Pre-Conference Video -
- Trinity blog post: tbcgrkidz.blogspot.com/2022/11/praying-with-dependence.html
- Podcast: anchor.fm/truth78/episodes/Praying-with-dependence-on-Gods-sovereign-grace-e188mjo
- Journal - Prayer In Church: www.9marks.org/journal/prayer-in-the-church/
- Journal - Corporate Prayer: www.9marks.org/journal/corporate-prayer/
- Article -Difference Between Families and Soccer Teams: www.9marks.org/article/parachurch-know-difference-between-families-soccer-teams
- "We tend to use prayer as a last resort, but God wants it to be our first line of defense. We pray when there’s nothing else we can do, but God wants us to pray before we do anything at all." (Oswald Chambers) -LINK
- Prayer crowns God with the honor and glory due to His name, God crowns prayer with assurance & comfort. The most praying souls are the most assured souls. (Thomas Brooks) - LINK
- (A.W. Pink) - LINK
- "To pray rightly, you must make God your hope, stay, and all. Right prayer sees nothing substantial or worth being concerned about except God." (John Bunyan) - LINK