1.21.2018

Value of Life

This Sunday is Sanctity of Life Sunday!
For a message on The Gospel, culture, and abortion from the book Counterculture by David Platt, click HERE and listen to the second message.
Here are two quotes from this resource 
“My hope is that we would believe the Gospel of Christ and that our belief would move us to engage our culture.”   
“We need to care for the baby in the womb as well as the baby’s mother as God cares for them.”
This is so much more than a political and social issue.  It is a spiritual and Gospel issue.
Why I Ain't Sanctity of Life Sunday is a thought-provoking article.  The article closes with the following two paragraphs.
But I also love Sanctity of Human Life Sunday when I think about the fact that I serve a congregation with ex-orphans all around, adopted into loving families. I love to reflect on the men and women who serve every week in pregnancy centers for women in crisis. And I love to see men and women who have aborted babies find their sins forgiven, even this sin, and their consciences cleansed by Christ. 
We’ll always need Christmas. We’ll always need Easter. But I hope, please Lord, someday soon, that Sanctity of Human Life Day is unnecessary.

No comments: