12.06.2017

An Unplanned Multi-generational Night of Ministry

It was a great night at West Cannon Baptist Church!
It will take a little bit to explain how God used the evening to really bless and encourage me.

Earlier this afternoon, I sent the following message out to the Genesis class which I am teaching.

Hello everyone, 
I forgot to do this on Sunday, so here it is a little later than I would like.  I want to invite you to the wrap session of the Wednesday night study “Your Walk with God Is a Community Project.” 
Now you might be wondering, why would I come to the last night of a Wednesday night study?   
Tonight we will look at ways that we can become better disciple-makers.  Tomorrow, I am going to email an electronic copy of the document I am using in the class.  It is my prayer that each and every one of us, not just the Genesis class but also our whole church, would grow as disciple-makers.  
If you are able to come I would encourage you to come out tonight from 7:00 to 8:05 in the choir room.
When I arrived at the church building, Jordan (from my class) found me and asked if the 9th and 10th-grade small group he and Brian led could join us because their topic for the night was The Great Commission.

Now if you know me at all, the opportunity to share a disciple-making challenge with a multi-generational group of Christians is amazing!


Here are a couple of other things that were really encouraging Wednesday night:

  1. Jordan and Brian thought of bringing their small group to the class.
  2. The class was open to having the teens in the class discussion time.
  3. We had some time as two groups to debrief and talk about some of the things that were discussed.
  4. Some members of the class shared ways the ten-session study has been an encouragement to them.
While there have been many difficulties in moving, at least one of the many blessings has been some of the ways God has been showing me connections between the way West Cannon Baptist Church does ministry and my philosophy of ministry.

I am very excited to see how this study will be used in the lives of our church family and those they may impact.  
I also know these written words don't come close to capturing my excitement about seeing God work across the generations.


Here are some of the resources I shared with the group:


No comments: