9.16.2017

Saturday's Devotion & Rejection

This week I am daily posting verses and resources to help us keep our focus on God.
These resources and this past Sunday night's sermon were meant to build upon Pastor Doug's morning message "The Joy Placebo" from Isaiah 5:11-17

Today's Devotion and Rejection verses are Hebrews 10:24-25

These are about meeting weekly as a church family and it more so much more than that also.  This is what the Wednesday night "Your Walk with God is a Community Project" study is about.
For information the different classes and times go to www.westcannon.org/ministries
Note that some of the class times have changed.





Here is part of a devotional entitled A Lifestyle of Community.  To read the whole devotional, click HERE
A gospel amnesiac is someone who, in the middle of the duties and responsibilities of everyday life, forgets their identity in Christ and the new morning mercies they’ve been given by grace. In other words, every Christian who ever lived is a gospel amnesiac! 
It’s so easy for us to forget the gospel. That’s why the author of Hebrews tells us to stir one another up. By meeting regularly and encouraging each other, we’ll be reminded of the Lord Jesus. It’s much harder to forget the gospel when you’re surrounded by community. 
But if I’m honest, I don’t always like the idea of Christian community. First, it tells me that I’m not the independent person I think I am. I want to be like Frank Sinatra and say, “I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way.” 
God ordained Christian community precisely because I can’t face life on my own. The fallen world will bring me to my knees, and if I did do life my way, it would be a complete and utter disaster
You can also read about seven ways church members should prepare for a sermon at http://drodgersjr.blogspot.com/2016/04/seven-ways-church-members-should.html

For other Devotion and Rejection posts, go to https://drodgersjr.blogspot.com/search?q=Devotion+rejection

No comments: