9.29.2017

Fighting During the Pastoral Prayer @ WCBC

Psalm 86:11


O.K. I may have used a sensationalized title to get you to click on this post.

If you thought this was going to be a video of a pastor wrestling with someone in the congregation, I am sorry to disappoint you.
This post is about using Fighter Verses during pastoral prayer times.


One of many aspects of my new ministry I have enjoyed is regularly praying during the pastoral prayer time in our Sunday morning gathering times.  

If you were part of the second service, I used this week's Fighter Verse, Philippians 4:19, as the foundation of my prayer.  Here is what the Fighter Verse website and app focus on 


  1. the character and worth of our great God, 
  2. battling against our fleshly desires
  3. the hope of the Gospel.

These are three great things to focus in our daily life, in our scripture memory and in our prayer life.  It would be my prayer that my personal prayer life and the prayer lives of those I influence would become more and more Biblically based.  That is, my prayers would reflect the heart of God and not my selfishness.   

Which is why I really want to try to use the upcoming week's Fighter Verse in my pastoral prayers on Sundays.
There are two reasons for this:
  1. This will help focus my heart and word on God and His Word not me and my circumstances or the church and her circumstances.
  2. This will model how to pray Biblically-based prayers to the church.  Here is an online resource to help you learn how to pray the Bible - vimeo.com/127598699


No comments: