7.20.2016

More than a Great Experience!

As many of you know I (Pastor Dave) am speaking at Camp Patmos during Junior week.  Our high school and middle school are also at Lake Ann.  (You can see pictures on the church facebook page).
Tonight’s message was a challenging one for me to preach because there was so much I wanted to say.  Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning’s message focused on what sin and salvation are and how we are saved.  Tonight’s message focused on how we live in response to what God has done. 
In speaking at a kid’s camp setting like this there are so many things I want to challenge them with and remind them off.  The most important reminder is that you cannot live the life God has called you to live without Jesus Christ.
In so many situations in this life, it is so easy to get caught up in emotions.  A summer camp, a great sermon, a mission trip, a concert or a great Bible study.  These experiences are only mile markers in our journey.  They are not the destination.
It is my prayer, and I would love for you to join me in praying, that the kids who are here at Camp Patmos hearing me preach and those at Lake Ann would realize camp is not what we long for.  We need to desire God more than any experience.  Tonight as I was preaching in chapel I was reminded that each and every person in that room including me needs to grow closer and closer to God.   

No comments: