11.08.2014

At FBBC in Jamaica

A little later than 2:00 pm.  Getting settled in.
Thank you everyone who was praying for my flight today.

Things at the beginning and the end of the flight were good.
The flight itself was probably one of bounciest I have ever had.

I am getting settled into the guest house on a cool Jamaican night in the mountains.
In getting settled in I would love for you to pray for a couple of specific things;
  1. Health related:  While I am very much looking forward to jerk chicken at Border Jerk (those who were on the JAM13 trip know what I am talking about), please pray that I would be wise with my diet.  Diabetes creates a real challenge in cross cultural situations.
  2. Teaching related:  I am very much looking forward to teaching and I have many ideas and principles I want to share.  Pray that I would have wisdom in what and how to share and when to listen and help students discover things.  
  3. Ministry related:  This a very personal request for me.  I love ministry opportunities God has given me.  In thinking about "my" ministries at EBC, help me to remember that they are the Lord's.  My mind is racing through details I may have forgotten but I know first of all, there are godly, wise people who are able to do the work of the ministry without me there.  The second truth I know is we serve an amazing God is able to do great things.  Pray for me to trust in God.  
Thank you so much for your prayers.  

No comments: