8.14.2007

Pilgrim's Progress

In the midst of all my required reading, I have been trying to read some "non-assigned" books.
Right now I am reading Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan. I read it several years ago but decided to go through it again. A very challenging.

One conversation in the book is about how does the saving grace of God show itself when it is in the heart of a man.
Two answers are given:
1. Abhoring sin not just crying out against it. Hating sin. Wanting nothing to do with it. Not just talking about how bad it is.

2. Knowledge that is accompanied with grace of faith and love not knowledgge that rests in the speculation of things.

In thinking about these things it is my prayer that I would demonstrate these things for the glory of God.

Quick update: My first two days of my module class have been good.

1 comment:

D-Jack said...

I don't know how this whole blog thing works, but my prayer request is that I'll get what needs to get done. I'm looking forward to Jamaica. Right now, it's just getting my lesson done and staying alive in school.