5.22.2007

Blackout times for Borders

I know I was going to post the answer tonight but I wanted to see if anyone else could correctly answer the Borders Trivia question I posted a couple of days ago.

"Since I have been working for Borders, there have been only two blackout times, that is days employees cannot ask off. Can you give the reason for both times period?

1. November 25 through January 10

2. July 20-22

I changed the posting of the answer to Saturday night.

You can leave your answers as a post/comment on this blog.

3 comments:

Seth said...

The first one is obvious. Thanksgiving to New Years holiday sales. I'm guessing the second set of dates is inventory?

Hey Dave and Krista! It's Seth. I was googling SCS folks and ran across that SCS website you set up. I also run a personal blog. Feel free to send me an email.

Your kids are so cute! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

My guess:

1. Christmas season
2. The Scranton/WB Yankees' big home series with Charlotte

(my serious guess would be some big book signing taking place at your store on those dates)

Jeff

Anonymous said...

My guess is that Nov 25 - Jan 10 is do to the Big Holiday Sales Push

The July 20 - 22 has to be the new Harry Potter book.